While most men and women wish to give birth to their own baby, they may find it difficult to conceive a child because of low fertility. However, even low fertility can be reversed with the right precautions and changes in lifestyle. For that, it is important for them to know about ways to overcome low fertility issues and increase their chances of having a baby of their own whenever they plan.
However, before moving to the lifestyle changes to be undertaken for the same, mentioned here are certain important factors that affect fertility in men and women:
- Ovulation: Some women may face difficulty in getting pregnant if their ovulation cycle is irregular. The condition of irregular ovulation is known as anovulation.
- Sperm count: When a man has less sperm count, it can take longer than usual for the couple to get pregnant. Also, when the sperm count is not just low but also abnormal, the chances of getting pregnant also become low.
- The potency of a woman’s fallopian tubes: Fallopian tubes are responsible for carrying the eggs from the ovaries to the uterus. Therefore, it is important for these tubes to be open and functional for a woman to get pregnant.
- The timing of sex: The ovulation cycle of a woman plays an important role in conception; therefore, doctors often recommend a couple to have intercourse 4-5 times a day, especially at the time of ovulation for a successful conception.
There are several lifestyle changes that women can incorporate in their lives to ensure that they are leading a healthy life, which also improves their fertility. Some popular lifestyle changes are mentioned below:
- Quit smoking and consuming alcohol: Smoking and consuming alcohol not only have a detrimental impact on health but also have a negative impact on a woman’s fertility. Therefore, along with quitting smoking and consuming alcohol, one must also try to avoid passive smoking as much as possible.
- Combat stress: Stress is a common problem among most men and women in our society today because of multiple reasons related to work, career, family, and health. While it can be difficult to not stay stress-free, women can take courses that teach them ways to calm their mind and gradually reduce stress levels.
- Healthy sleep pattern: A healthy sleep pattern improves the overall health of a person and is critical for their physical and emotional wellbeing. Therefore, with the amount of workload most people have today, it becomes even more important to ensure a healthy sleep pattern that of a minimum of 7 hours of night sleep as it contributes to increased fertility in women.
- Maintaining a healthy weight: It is important for women who are planning to conceive to not be underweight or overweight. Therefore, checking BMI (body mass index) score and consulting a dietitian regularly can prove to be helpful.
- Watching their diet: A healthy diet not only helps in boosting fertility but also ensures that the baby that is born is healthy. Therefore, it is essential for a woman to go on a healthy diet months before trying to get pregnant.
- Staying hydrated: Good health is not only dependent on good food but also on staying hydrated. Water is great for the cervical fluid, which helps the sperms locate the egg. Therefore, drinking plenty of water, especially while one is trying to get pregnant, is essential.